Do you love to travel? I sure do. And to make your travel experience even better, it is great to get CASHBACK on many of your travel expenses!
Here are my Top Ten tips to do just that.
- Start with your plan. Where are you going? How are you going to get there? You can book your flight through many of our airline partners (search online merchants, travel), or you might connect with one of our cashback card travel agents (search cashback card merchants, travel).
- Bonus tip: if you are flying very far, I recommend anti-jet-lag pills. It may just be a placebo effect, but I found them very effective. I got mine at Health Matters in Edmonton (for cashback of course).
- Where will you stay? Some locations have hotels or other accommodations that are cashback card merchants (search in the country you are going to – an example in Italy is the Agriturismo, where you can stay at a farm or villa that has an agricultural component. I did this last year and loved it). You can also use our online merchants such as hotels.com, booking.com and reservations.com. When I walked the Camino de Santiago in Spain, I used booking.com for many of my hostel reservations, and got my cashback!
- How will you get around? We have rental car partners, airport limo services, and taxis.
- Where will you eat? You might be able to get cashback at a local grocery store, or you might prefer to eat out. There are 2 great ways to do a search for restaurants.
- Do a regional search of the area you will be in, before you travel. If you aren’t sure how, go to our “Support Local” Shopping tab for a video tutorial. I did this when I was planning a trip to Florida, found a couple of great restaurants!
- When you are at your destination, use the Cashback App on your phone to see what merchants are nearby. I have done this in many places, most recently in Prague – I found an excellent restaurant there! Check the videos on the Cashback App tab.
- What will you do? Did you know there are Cashback World partners that do travel tours? I just checked viator.com – you can get tours, excursions, and attractions! Again, you can do search on your app just to check what is nearby.
- Have your heard of eVouchers? This is a new payment method available in many countries where you can pay right on your phone, get cashback and shopping points, and earn points on your credit card as well! This is available for many of our retail partners, check in the country you will be visiting.
- And some other considerations: You might want to order some travel books or journals from indigo.com or lonelyplanet.com. Get some new luggage from Irv’s Luggage or Bentley online. Get some new clothes for the trip at our numerous clothing partners, and don’t forget a bathing suit (maybe swimspot.com), and some good walking shoes. You can get your travel size toiletries and sun protection at Shopper’s Drug Mart or Superstore.
- Or maybe you prefer to stay close to home, perhaps do some camping. You can stock up at Canadian Tire, or Bass Pro Shops online. And get accessories at Patagonia, Atmosphere, Columbia (just to name a few). And maybe get some gift cards for the Cara group of restaurants.
- How about a Houseboat vacation? Check Twin Anchors Houseboats in Sicamous, BC. Or if you like a bigger boat – CruiseDirect.com (I booked my cruise to Alaska with them)
Of course this is not an exhaustive list – every country will have different options. Feel free to leave your tips in the comments.
With every merchant, be sure to read the terms and conditions to ensure you will get your cashback and shopping points.
P.S. Would you like to earn tax deductions on your vacation? That is another topic for sure, but if you want to learn more, ask the person who invited you here, check the Earn Money tab, or click on Contact Us and one of us will get back to you.